Friday, February 26, 2010

The Cubans have it


Many people find it hard to believe I am entering the field of nutrition after they have eaten a meal with me. I have the appetite of a twelve year old boy and am a sucker for desserts. I can't tell you how many people have said "I didn't think dietitians ate desserts!!" But we do. lots of them. Anyone majoring in nutrition is obsessed with food, and not always in a good way...so it's best to follow what is called the 80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80% of the time, 20% of the time, splurge on a dessert or french fries. You need to enjoy life to live it to it's fullest which is why God created a little place called Azucar....

Azucar web site


It is the most wonderful Cuban style Patisserie across the street from our apartment. Oscar and I love their pasteillto de guava y queso. I have to control myself and only get their treats once a month but they are SO good. And the coffee is only a buck and supposedly very delish but I wouldn't know so we'll have to take the local's word on that one....

No comments:

Post a Comment