Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Only me...

There are certain things that only happen to me. This is one of them.

Monday after school I had to unload a bunch of boxes from my car. I parked in the alley behind our apartment building and had to take them upstairs one by one so I left the hatchback to my car open. Anyway, finished unloading everything and came back down shut the hatchback. End of story.

Fast forward to yesterday morning. I go for a run, come back and my neighbor knocks on my door. She is a nurse and had just gotten back from work.

Neighbor: "Hey Anjee, did you know there is a cat in your car?"
Me: "A CAT??" (I thought she said hat)
Neighbor:" Ya a cat. I just parked next to you and it looked at me from inside your backseat. "

So I go to my car, and sure enough, the resident alley cat is perched (literally) on my backseat. Just hanging out. HE must have hopped in there the previous night during my unloading and spent the night in my car. I open the door and try to scoot him out but he is pretty excited to be in there.

Me: "Do they like poop or pee or anything?"
Neighbor: "Ya but you would be able to smell it right away."

Now I know I may offend some cat people, but I am not cat fan. Of all the cars for this thing to have a sleepover in, it had to choose mine.

Now I am late for school, so I hop in my car and am racing to campus. I am on the lookout for fleas because of course every animal living in an alley would have them. And then I notice it. The little puddle on my passenger seat. Cat pee. Awesome.

After school I spent $60 to get my seats and carpets shampooed. Luckily I have seat covers and was able to wash them. I really hope it doesn't' smell. On the bright side, my interior looks awesome. On the not so bright side, this experience has deepened my distaste for the feline species.

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, and defend the cat a little, it could just as easily been a dog that hoped into your car without notice and while being trapped, peed. PLUS, the poor thing was locked in your car, what was it supposed to do, hold it! I admit I am a cat (and dog) person. Perhaps you are a closet cat person and just don't know it yet... they are obviously attracted to you. :)

    ReplyDelete