Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mangia a lotta




So after bombing a test, massacring my presentation and turning in the most remedial paper I had ever written in my life, I decided a little celebrating was in order. Since I miraculously did not have to spend my Friday night studying, Oscar and I decided to go to dinner. Actually, I was too lazy to cook and posed the idea of eating stale chips for dinner, or going out. As exhausted as we were from the week, the stale chip plan almost won, but we finally decided to attempt some form of social interaction and headed out. 


Deciding on a place to eat was near impossible. Oscar wanted tacos, I wanted wine. The problem with dating a Chicano is that average tacos are just not going to cut it. Being less than 10 minutes from the border of Mexico, you really would think finding a decent taco place would be easy, but you would be wrong. Well maybe I need to clarify here, a good taco shop is very easy to find; a good taco shop when neither one of you has any working brain cells left and can't communicate past a caveman grunt, is hard to come by. 

I finally texted my girlfriend who recommended an awesome place. We wound up at Il Postino  in North Park. Not exactly tacos as it's an Italian place, but seriously good food (bear in mind I've been eating the real deal for my entire life thanks to Grandma Flo being right off the boat). 

We had the calamari appetizer and an squid ink pasta with shrimp and scallops. Our slightly spastic waiter was not the best server, but he made up for it by giving us some free lemon cello at the end of dinner. Anyway, if you are in North Park and need a reasonably priced place with excellent food, give this place a shot. Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment