Tuesday, June 1, 2010

20 worst drinks in America

I like the idea behind the book "Eat this, not that!" by David Zinczenko. Apparently Oprah endorses it too, and anyone who makes a doctor out of someone who is not actually a doctor certainly knows what they are talking about! Oprah's totally unmedically based opinion aside, however, I must say I like this guy's approach and there is also a handy-dandy eat this not that I-phone app as well for anyone more tech savvy than me,which is pretty much everyone.

The book doesn't seem to be a diet book as much as a lifestyle change book, which is the only way to see lasting results if you are trying to lose/maintain your weight. Fad diets are no bueno and often leave people feeling frustrated due to the hard work they put into losing weight and then gaining it back-this will happen 99% of the time with fad diets. I was especially impressed with his 20 worst drinks in America bit where he compares popular coffee, soda and energy drinks to their sugar equivalents in desserts. Check the list out to see if your favorite morning beverage may have you eating the equivalent of 9 apple pies from McDonald's!

No comments:

Post a Comment